Sunday, July 20, 2014

Baseball Dress for My Niece

Sometimes it's more fun making the perfect gift instead of spending hours at the store trying to find that something special for someone.  My beautiful niece knew she was expecting a little girl and even had her name picked out.  She chose some really great colors for the nursery and so I was trying to stay away from the cutsie pink & frilly usual girly stuff.  When I looked at her registry I noticed there was a cute knitted hat that was white and had the stitching that looked like a baseball.  Did I tell you her husband is a coach.  Well when I saw that hat, I knew I could get her something with a baseball theme.  I happened to be at the fabric store a couple of days later and find an end piece of some baseball fabric with red background.  There was just enough on the bolt to make this dress.  I already had the pattern and was able to find some find some brown bias tape in my overflowing stash.  Here's the play by play of the creation.


Simplicity Pattern Number 3508

Baseball Fabric Closeup

The  finished dress for Daddy's Little Girl

No comments: